Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned & gills removed
1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, spreading evenly.
2. Place the mushroom caps on the baking sheet, gill-side up.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, herbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Stuff each mushroom cap with one-quarter of the cheese mixture, pressing down if needed.
5. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and the mushrooms are soft.